Amazon has announced the elimination over 18,000 jobs, the majority of which will be in the Amazon Stores and PXT (People, Experience, and Technology, HR) departments.
In a blog post, the company stated that it is “eliminating roles” as part of its annual planning process for 2023. According to the post, Amazon typically communicates these outcomes internally, but it is doing so in public because the teammates “leaked this information externally.” The layoffs will begin on January 18.
The company laid off nearly 10,000 employees in November 2022. This year, the e-commerce behemoth has even put a halt to new hire hiring.
Amazon Cuts Over 18,000 Jobs, Salesforce Cuts 10% Of Workforce | Power Breakfast | CNBC-TV18 (CNBCTV18)
You May Be Also Interested in:
- A new Covid-19 wave has hit China, with over ten lakh deaths predicted in the coming days
- Twitter has banned several prominent journalists for covering Elon Musk’s Twitter antics
- Henry Cavill confirms he is no longer Superman: ‘This isn’t the best news, but that’s life…’
- WTO ruled that Trump’s metal tariffs violated global rules
- GSK, Pfizer, and Sanofi have been granted relief after a court ruled that claims of Zantac-linked cancer were not “supported by science.”
- Covid-19 was a ‘man-made’ virus: According to a scientist who worked at the Wuhan lab