Good News for Technologists! TCS Makes a Big Announcement, To Hire Over 1.25 Lakh People Soon2 min read
2023 began with a bang for techies, TCS Makes a Big Announcement, To Hire Over 1.25 Lakh People Soon, as Amazon and enterprise software company Salesforce announced layoffs of more than 25,000 employees.
While Amazon announced on Wednesday that it will lay off over 18,000 employees, Salesforce laid off 10% of its employees beginning January 18 due to hiring too many people during the pandemic. In the midst of all of this, the country’s largest software exporter, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), announced that it will hire over 1.25 lakh people in FY24.
“Looking at our overall hiring trends, we are likely to continue (hiring) at the same level. Next year, we expect to hire between 1,25,000 and 1,50,000 people. We continue to have faith in our medium- to long-term outlook “Rajesh Gopinathan, the company’s CEO and Managing Director, told reporters.
Furthermore, he added, “Our posture is positive; we are not removing players from the field; we are fully engaged and present. We are fully committed in terms of talent capacity. We overinvested last year and are reaping the benefits this quarter.”
For the uninitiated, the software company reported a 2,197-person decrease in its employee base from October to December, totaling 6.13 lakh. The Tata group company, on the other hand, made it clear that this was due to increased hiring over the last 18 months, rather than the demand environment.
You May Be Also Interested in:
- Investment banking giant, Goldman Sachs to lay off 3,200 employees
- Walmart pays the majority of the tax bill associated with the relocation of PhonePe’s headquarters to India
- Amazon confirms job cuts totaling 18000, with CEO Andy Jassy stating that several teams will be affected
- A new Covid-19 wave has hit China, with over ten lakh deaths predicted in the coming days
- Twitter has banned several prominent journalists for covering Elon Musk’s Twitter antics
- Henry Cavill confirms he is no longer Superman: ‘This isn’t the best news, but that’s life…’